Fund for murdered teenager Alex Davies receives over £2,000

A Burscough resident has set up a fund to help the parents of murdered teenager Alex Davies, who was found murdered in a wooded area near Parbold Hill on Wednesday 1st May.

The fund was set to £500 but is now over £2000. If you would like to donate, please go to

While formal identification has yet to be carried out, the body is believed to be that of Alex Davies, 18, from Skelmersdale. He had suffered a number of injuries, with a Home Office post mortem confirming the cause of death as stab wounds and asphyxiation.

On Friday May 3rd, detectives arrested a Chorley teenager in connection with the investigation.

Following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, detectives have now charged a 17-year-old boy from Chorley with murder.

The family of Alex have been informed and are being supported by family liaison officers.

Det Ch Insp Geoff Hurst, of Lancashire Police’s Force Major investigation Team (FMIT) said: “My thoughts and the thoughts of every member of the team that have worked on this inquiry are with Alex’s family and friends at this exceptionally tragic and difficult time.

“I am aware of the huge impact this crime has had on the community of Parbold, but I am heartened at the way that same community has pulled together and been so respectful to Alex, his family and to my officers who have been out trying to find the evidence that we need.

“While a youth has been charged, our enquiries will still continue in the Parbold and Chorley areas and I would urge you to continue supporting the investigating officers.

“If you have any information that you think may be relevant, no matter how small, please let us know by calling 101 quoting log reference 0460 of May 3 or independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

Alternatively you can submit information through the major crime web portal at

The 17-year-old boy appeared at Preston Magistrates Court, sitting at Preston Crown Court, on Monday, May 6th. Magistrates said the allegation was so serious it could only be dealt with in the crown court and remanded the boy into custody to return to court on Wednesday May 8th.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.