Police find cannabis farm in Old Skem
Officers this week have executed a raid on a cannabis farm in the Old Skelmersdale area as part of Operation Nemesis. Local neighbourhood policing teams working with officers have discovered 400 cannabis plants being cultivated in two separate rooms and the loft space at an address in Old Skelmersdale with a street value of approximately £200,000.
Police are grateful to local communities which help play a big part in the fight against drugs and all information received by officers is treated in strict confidence. The police and public working together, helps the fight against drug production and supply on our local streets.
How to spot a potential cannabis farm:
• Unusual smells and sounds
• Birds gathering on a roof in cold weather
• Different and frequent visitors to a property, often at unusual times
• The curtains are permanently closed or windows are sealed and covered
• Excessive heat from an adjoining property
• Plant pots, fertiliser, fans and industrial lighting and other gardening equipment being taken into a property
Any information can be passed directly to a police officers, through the control room on 101 or you can call anonymously through crime stoppers , on 0800 555 111.