Council Tax rises in West Lancs for 2018/19
People in West Lancashire should have received their Council Tax bill for the forthcoming year. They will notice that there is quite a bit more to pay this year.
The charges for every service have increased by 3 % but the biggest rise is a whopping 7.2% for Policing in Lancashire.
Depending on which band you are in, you may see your bill increase by as much as £90 which is about a 5.65% rise on 2017/18.
For details on the changes in council tax levels for all of the main local authorities in West Lancashire:
For details on the total council tax amounts payable for different areas and council tax bands:
- Download council tax rates by area and band 2018/19 (PDF 28kb)
- Download council tax rates by area and band 2017/18 (PDF 172kb)
For details on the income raised by each authority through council tax:
- Download details on the income raised by each authority (PDF 20kb)
- Download details on the income raised by each authority (CSV 4kb)
The leaflets below give further council tax information for the current year and the previous year.
- Download Council Tax Information Leaflet 2018/19 (PDF 280kb)
- Download Council Tax Information Leaflet 2017/18 (PDF 565kb)
In 2018/19 the council proposes to spend a total of £84.206 million on providing day to day services for the local community. This spending will be funded by £77.328 million of income raised through grants, rents, business rates, interest, fees, charges and other sources resulting in a council tax requirement of £6.878 million.
The council’s net budget requirement of £12.635m will be funded 55% from the council tax, 32% from retained business rates income and grants, and 13% by general government grants.